Saturday, July 28, 2007

Yay, my shot got featured! (this isn't it, keeping it special ;))


Yes! My photograph made the Glasgow Herald special coastal supplement today and they gave it almost a full page. There's a great mix of things, and as to be expected some beautiful shots of the north and the west coast of Scotland. The exhibition goes to the National Trust HQ, then the Scottish Parliament, then dots all the way round the coast, including going over to Lewis, Orkney annd Shetland. Lovely to think of my photograph stopping off in some place I've not made it to myself.

Spent the morning summer (ha ha) pruning my friend Mary's espalier and fan fruit trees. Lots of finnicky tying in and putting in new stronger canes etc. My ribs held up well, so hopefully I'm on the mend.

Off to walk the dogs, my dog G has company today. Then I want to try and write something for Jason's competition, if I get the time.

BTW this isn't the shot, but I like the winter sun on the grass in this.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done! Published in the Herald - it'll cost to comment in future, no doubt!!

9:55 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

CONGRATS!!!!

3:03 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks girls. It was a big surprise, in my useful glass half empty way I was sure it wouldn't be in. Indeed I almost didn't send of my submission as I thought it wasn't good enough. I wish I was hot-wired with self belief, but somehow that's not the Scottish way.

11:29 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, I was keeping my fingers crossed.

3:04 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks V, I'm sure it helped!:)

5:31 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Good News; both Herald AND your back!

7:26 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Jolly well done again! And glad the discomfort is easing. Thought of you last night watching a great programme - so many memories of Griff R Jones on mountains - starting in Tongue. I saved the next part for MTL to see because it's Skye where he used to climb.

7:46 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Jan, I find it hard not to imagine the worst when I get a pain, once bitten etc....

Thanks Pat, I saw the programme, the Cuillins are wonderful. My friend's kids climb there a lot, she says she doesn't want to know the details as it would worry her too much. Skye on a good day is stunning. The hot spell in April was amazing, I had friends up there and they say they've never known it to be so sunny and glorious.

10:34 am  
Blogger f:lux said...

Wow, nearly full page! Fantastic!!

11:30 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks F:lux, yes it was a nice surprise.

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home