Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finally sunshine


Although it's not meant to last, but last night I stayed out until sunset with the camera. Got eaten by midges, but got a few nice shots, especially this one of a local pond, last rays on the sun hitting the reeds.

The Herald supplement will be this Saturday, but they're not featuring every shot so mine may not make it. But I've learned there are 36 shots in the exhibition, from 900 entries, so I didn't do too badly. Dates and venues are to follow.

Also trying to write some things for our writers' group annual competition. Editing and editing, and still not sure if I'm getting there. You're only allowed one piece of prose and one poem, so a lot rides on what you decide to submit. Also got a reading at the Book Festival with the Poetry Pamphlet group. Trying to decide what to read, although a friend has offered to give me a one to one coaching session, so that should help. Have to do a bit of Peeling Onions, plus I want to do the new poem about the 5 years out photograph, and some other bits to lighten it up.

Off to grab some more sunshine/cut the grass while the going is good.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your photo gets in The Herald.

6:46 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Lovely shot with the music. Good luck!

8:26 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Yeh!
GrEaT!

8:40 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

What a lovely photo. So restful. Good luck.

9:54 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. Trying to keep busy today. I have some aches and pains in the wrong area and I'm hoping they will disappear. So I won't post much as sitting still is not recommended at the times as the mind wanders.

11:45 am  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

can you send some of that sunshine my way? it's been raining like crazy in Houston all summer. rain and humidity are never a good thing. :-(

good luck w/ the competition!

1:51 am  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Wow, that's a great shot!

Hey, did you send the rain over here? We have flash flood warnings tonight! The temp dropped 30 degrees in an hour or so and it's pouring.
I started a fire in the fireplace.

It's JULY!

I wish you all the best in the competitions, hope you do well!!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

4:23 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Scarlett and BB. I don't mind where it goes as lobg as it's not here!

I love Florida, they have reconsituted logs there, and they burn them if it drops to 75 lol!

1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home