Saturday, July 07, 2007

Lay my head down

Absolutely love this Indigo Girls song




I like this part the best.

But some plan for the kingdom of heaven
And some take their chances and bet lucky seven
I don't know what to believe I just show up and breathe anymore.

It's funny how certain lines of songs stick, or speak to you. That's why I liked Ricky Gervais Desert Island Discs so much as he goes more for song lyrics rather than the tune. I've been trying to compile a list of lines from songs that I like, as it would be quite interesting to see if a theme\themes emerge(s). "Flakes" and "fragments" seem to catch my attention a lot, so perhaps fleeting things have always appealed to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger S. Kearney said...

Hey there, don't forget to cast your vote in the lions writing circle contest. :) Only 3 days left to get your votes in at seak@caramail.com
See the circle blog for full details!

11:38 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

I remember having a row with my sister in the fifties, about a song where Dickie Valentine sang 'So this is the Kingdom of Heaven' - super song and she said it was blasphemous!

8:52 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I doubt the Indigo Girls would meet with her approval either!

11:49 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I'll look in Shameleaa, sorry if I'm holding up proceedings!

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home