Sunday, June 17, 2007

Perverse

My son is away in Spain on his first holiday abroad with his mates. He left on some red eye flight in the depths of Friday night/Saturday morning.

He just called at 8.54am to say he's fine. If he was here that hour of the day simply wouldn't register with him, even using Spanish time, which I think is an hour ahead.

The house is very quiet without him and the dog has taken to sleeping on the end of his bed - not sure if that means he's pining or just moving himself up the pecking order.

N is home and is calling round for a coffee with B, her dog, Gus will go wild as they've not seen each other for two weeks. She was "boarded" with other friends in town.

Husband is golfing. It's so nice to have the house all to myself again for a wee while. Everything in the garden has flopped with the heavy rain - roses and peonies are blown - which is sad.

I have things to prepare for a talk I'm giving tomorrow on the "big garden" and I still have masses of photos to edit. Hopefully I'll get a good run at things today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I've got a busy day too AND I've got to wash my hair! Good luck tomorrow!

3:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love having quality time on my own like that -so rare, but when you get it! Yeeha!

I have to tag you for the 'eight facts' meme. Come over and see how it goes -hope you can squeeze it in.

9:28 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

This weather's the pits; the grass and weeds shoot up and can't be got at, the flowers you want all get squashed down...

5:58 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all -Barbara i'll look out for it.

Lucy the weather is awful, so many things have flopped. My achillea were going to be straight spectacular flat plates, now they're all twisted and wobbly, despite staking!

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home