Monday, June 18, 2007

Eight Random Facts

Barbara tagged me. I won't inflict this on anyone else because I'm a decent soul or just chicken ;), but here are eight random, boring things about little old me:


1. My Dad made up a rhyme about me as a kid. (Anna Banana from Ghana, ate a piano with a knife and fork that came from New York, Anna Banana from Ghana.) He drove me wild with it.

2. I did fly fishing as a girl - I was a tomboy - and I even tied my own salmon flies. I loved the feathers, eg golden pheasant for hackles and cutting out matching wings from goose flight feathers. And I built model aeroplanes, mainly to be with a boy who built them. My first one crashed on its first flight - I can still hear the whine of that wee engine as it disappeared like Amelia Earhart.

3. I take size 5 shoes, haven't a clue what that is in new money. I took a 41/2 until I had my son and he was such a heavy sod my feet went up half a size.

4. I hated French at school, I always suspected I was learning the 1952 B movie version of the language.

5. I love tea, really plebeian strong stuff with the milk in first.

6. I have one pupil bigger than the other.

7. I still believe the sky can fall on your head.

8. I'm learning the piano and I stink at it, but I can finally play a passable tune.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I'm going to learn to fish - when I grow up. Always milk in first.
Pupil? I didn't know you taught as well as everything else.
Sorry - I get silly when I get tired. I'm so behind today:(

5:14 pm  
Blogger David Todd said...

Reminds me of that Ghanaian/Scot who used to sing 'there was a lassie from Kumasi' ;-)

9:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ray! I took up horse-riding two years ago because I always wanted to do it as a girl. I also learned to swim last year, because I aso wanted to do that as a girl too. I love doing something new - it's amazing what it teaches you about yourself.

9:14 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Hmm.
Talking of feet, my brother once had on his passport(under " special peculiarities" ): one foot one whole size bigger that the other.

10:53 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Ha ha Pat and Ray. Not sure I'd like to hear the rest of that song Ray!

Barbara the piano teaches me I have more in common with Les Dawson than Mozart.

Jan that is funny, there's probably a book in there.

9:57 am  
Blogger f:lux said...

I admire you for taking up the piano!

1:43 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Anne Tyler could create a suitable character..
And can you GURN like Les Dawson?
There's a person who works in a shop near me who is a Les Dawson double.
She wears a flowery overall and has excessively mobile lips which curl up to her nose while serving me..

5:12 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks f:lux, there have been times i've felt like quiting, my struggle with words/letters makes remember scales a bit tricky.

Jan I can picture her exactly so you penned a great description. I used to olove LD's wee nudge on his bolster breast.

9:04 am  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

LOVED loved loved this post.
Seems like everyone got tagged with the 8's meme... yours is one of the best lists.

1. that is just wonderful, made me smile thinking about him sing-songing it to you.

2. Tomboy girls are lots of fun, I have the pleasure of knowing a few of them. Well rounded.

3. Laughed out loud... so funny.

4. You know what, I bet it was second rate French, if you tried to speak it in France it wouldn't go over well, it annoys the French to no end to have their language spoken poorly.

5. Amen sister. I am sipping (cream first) double bergamot Earl Grey as I peruse your posts.

6. wow. Does it affect your eye sight?

7. Depends what you are walking underneath.

8. Ditto... except I am teaching myself... YIKES.

Very good list, loved it quite a bit.

see you soon

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

10:10 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Scarlett. My eyesight is fine, though I sometimes wonder if it gives me my eye in photography as it is my right eye.

Also they redisovered it post cancer and scared the shit out of me investigating spread to the brain. But I pulled out old childhood pix and scanned and blew them up and convinced them it had always been that way -probably a trauma injury from a childhood fall, out of a tree or whatever.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home