Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Shrink Rap


I watched this last night while I was having a stellar veg out in front of the TV, which included America's Next Super Model, those girls crack me up, one asks "Is Nelson Mandela still alive?" and then proceeds to weep in his former cell on Robben Island, then the BBC 2 programme on trees that made Britain, which is absolutely fabulous, then ER and finally Shrink Rap. It's the most TV I've watched in ages, but my back is sore just now, and that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I'm not at all sure about Shrink Rap. Actually to be honest Pamela Connolly (PC) annoys the hell out of me, she looks and sounds like some awful stereo-type of a 1960s social worker.

And I don't think we learned any more about last night's subject Sharon Osbourne than we didn't already know - although she seems to take Bill Clinton's definition of sex one stage further, by saying that sex with someone other than your partner is meaningless and doesn't count unless you are actually having an affair with them. Oh and in the past if she didn't like you she sent you poo in the post, and that all started when she pooed on her father's girlfriend's statue.

Maybe that's why her dogs get to crap in the house - a ready source to FedEx?

I wanted to ask her if the sex definition became her thinking only after her father's affair. In fact I think I would have asked her much better questions than PC seemed to manage.
However, PC did ask Sharon about having cancer, and managed to illict that it was "very frightening". PC then spouted some platitudes about how that was because cancer represented a loss of control - how very insightful, you obviously need to be a qualified shrink to come up with that one!

You've got to admire Sharon Osbourne's ability to survive and to succesfully surf the vagaries of celebrity, but this show was just an extended chat show, with Kleenex thrown in.

Tonight we have Stephen Fry, and I doubt we'll learn anything more about him either given he's already spilled the goods on the BBC programme about bi-polar disorder.

The Connolly series is on More4 at 11pm.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I love to watch ANTM as a laugh - it's on a Friday night here so i give myself the excuse that it's my blob-out night.
Hope your back's better soon.

3:34 am  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I read her biography of her husband, Billy Connolly. It was interesting and loving but also such an exercise in gratuitous name dropping that it kind of detracted from the subject matter, I might be being ungenerous, but it put me off a bit.

3:54 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

CB glad you love ANTM too, it's a hoot, and the photoshoots are interesting.

Sam you're right she so deadening serious. According to her we are all abused cos we got walloped as kids. In those days everyone got walloped, it was standard practice.
Lots of things in life are lousy, but get over it and move on, otherwise you're never done blaming someone else.

4:35 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Haha, that one got me, "Is Nelson Mandela still alive?"

I love tv, but sometimes there's so much mindless drivel even I, the best of tv lovers, can get bored.

2:10 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

It's difficult to believe it is the same girl/woman who used to be so brilliant in 'Not the nine o clock news.' Has marriage to Connolly killed her SOH?

6:25 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

oh, ANTM... i haven't watched in a year or so but i do miss it, campy as it may be.

9:18 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes it is sooo campy, but I love the shoots and the make-up and lighting, and how some of these girls look so lame when animated, but are fantastic in a still shot.

Pat I completely agree on Pamela

9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home