Thursday, March 22, 2007

Royalty free photos


This is a book cover design a graphic designer has sent me to get approval for the use of my photograph. They've used a shot of a crow in flight that I posted on morguefile.com - the royalty free site that I put some of my early digital stuff on. It was a snatched shot against a grey sky, but when edited it looked like an isolation shot on a white background and it's been used for lots of things.

This is a lovely interweaving of lots of bird shots. I wonder what the book is about?

This is a copyrighted design, so I'll maybe wipe it in a day or two.

Oh and BTW the book is now listed on Amazon UK, just do a search for Peeling Onions or Anna K Dickie. I'd post a link but it seems to give all my stuff on the tabs when I do, and I'm not sure if it would do that for you!?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger f:lux said...

It's always wonderful to see when designers make good use of your photographs.

Anyway, off to search for you chez Amazon now!

Lx

11:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting to have your photography picked up for these projects!

6:34 pm  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

It's a beautiful book cover. That's great to have your work used like that.

You're on Amazon, ye say? Smashing!

*Tootles off to find you...*

1:34 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all, Your encouragement is really woonderful.

And Jason it is nice to see your pictures used by other people, I think it gives something back to the web, and is more in keeping with what it was originally about.

12:10 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Your fame is spreading. Talent will out. Should you not be on thet dangerous looking island this weekend?

10:25 am  
Blogger savannah said...

stunningly beautiful! thank you

1:17 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thank you for looking in Savannah

12:30 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That's an awesome cover. It must be a great feeling for you to see it.

1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is nice how that was done.

I like your blog, it is a nice blog, this is my first timehere.

6:44 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Hi 2kats. It will have been done in a programme like Photoshop and the artist will have layered all the components on top of each other, a bit like digital collage, or decoupage!

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home