Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sabotage


Apparently Wikipedia are still grappling with people sabotaging their entries - the obvious ones are of course the political entries, Bush et al, but the entry for stingray has also been amended to show that "they hate Australians". Bad taste I know, but in a world with little left to chuckle at I can see why people enjoy being anarchic!

Nieves gave me the gift of a facial massage, bless her. So I'm going to book some time to be pampered.

Son's off to Glasgow today to do the tour round a couple of universities there. He's had to sort out his train timetables etc, and it's been a treat watching him do it, rather than have him paging the resident taxi service! And he cooked me a lovely meal, although progress was painfully slow, and I had to stop myself from stepping in - a bad trait of mine!

This is forsythia shouting Spring - I'd like to write something about being jaundiced with this particular shade of yellow, but it's certainly hard to ignore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

The thing about forsythia - if it is allowwed to stray in delicate strands it's a pleasant spring sight but if it is chopped into a hedge shape IMO it becomes garish and vulgar.

8:28 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I agree. Mine is a free standing airy tree, in fact it got soo big a storm toook out the top part and it's had to regrow.

11:34 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

There's nothing like a little forsythia to announce spring in all its freshness. Enjoy!

2:59 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks CB, I'm just intrigued that in other circumstances we're not so hot about yellow, it'd the colour of fever, jaundice and cowardice, and yet it announces renewal every year!

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home