Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Shopping and Sheep



Well I would pick the nicest day of the year so far to go into the city, but it was worth it. Visited a camera exhibition and got my camera sensor cleaned for nothing, which was good as it was really needing it. And I got to play with some big b@stard Canon cameras that are wayyyyyyyyyyy out of my price range. Actually I would struggle to even hold them, but it was a thrill to hear their very manly shutters clunking.The salesmen just ignored me, as techy salesmen usual do, but I don't mind, better that than the pressure sales stuff,and I just listened to what they were telling the men.

Oh and I bought a circular polarising filter for my new lens, which means my birthday money is all gone.

And then I shopped for my husband's 50th birthday present, which is MP3 related, and then I went to the best deli in town and got nice stuff for dinner - only me and my son tonight as my husband's visting his mother.

My son has qualified for a big golf tournament next week, so he's practising, when he isn't studying.

And I'll have to put up with the Masters being on all weekend, but at least I'll know where they are!

This photo is real, a farmer near Scotland's biggest motorway has dyed his flock of sheep red just to amuse the passing commuters. It's a harmless dye so they'll come to no harm, but I wonder how they feel about being ginger?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Red sheep: it's genius!

How irritating to hear that the men over-looked you at the camera fair. God, I'd tell them to f-stop off. The chauvinistic cheek.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Ba ba Ginger Sheep...Oh dear!
I like the manliness of the shutters clanking...brilliant!

5:26 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those sheep look red to me, and very amusing!

5:33 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Good luck to your son!

6:27 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes I think the farmer is a great man, white sheep are very boring to look at, and hard to photograph on a sunny day.

What's next tiedyed ones?

I'm not sure how son will do, he has a good draw in the first round, but golf being golf anything could happen.

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home