Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Feeling crabbit!!

Do you ever feel you just won't get out the bit???

I'm feeling like that, trying hard to feel the glass is half full, but since January I've dealt with my son's eye injury, which needed surgery, my dog having a benign tumour, my roof being damaged by a storm, a friend dying and now my MIL is in hospital with mental health problems that could have organic causes - not dementia but maybe a mini stroke or some such thing.
The crisis with her has been coming for a while, but I must admit I'm struggling with it as she has always been a difficult person, particularly to me, who had the temerity to marry her son.

Not sure how it's all going to pan out, but I'm trying hard just to take it a bit at a time, and to support my husband through it.

Only good thing on the horizon is that,weather permitting, I'll be going out to the Bass Rock on Saturday morning to take photographs, as part of my prize grom the landscape competition.

So I'm cleaning my kit and charging batteries etc. I just hope this mood lifts as I want to be in the right frame of mind for going out there.

crabbit: Scots for grumpy, ill-tempered

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

It will lift I promise you. Every day when I'm saying my prayers I keep thinking I must ask Anna how her son's eyes are. I hope all is weel now.

11:19 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I mean well although as you are Scottish weel would do.

11:20 am  
Blogger Jan said...

THat's the secret....take a bit at a time.
Keep stuff for yourself, your time, your thoughts, your precious energy.

12:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow you've had a run of it. Hope writing about it and throwing yourself into the photos help out.

5:59 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Crabbit is SUCH a great word! A bit like 'dinna fash' (not sure how to spell last second word) for don't make such a fuss or don't worry.
I hope the day out on Saturday is just wonderful and makes up for all the shocks you've had recently.

9:49 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. I went off to the wild of the beach yesterday and let the wind and waves blow me out.
Trying to get something good for a coastal erosion photography competition. Still not got what I'm looking for - whatever that is, :)

Pat, my son's eye has healed very well. His pupil is still a little fixed and dilated, but the steroid drugs he had in the eye will take months to work out his system, and he maybe left with one pupil slightly larger than the other. Also a small long term risk of glaucoma in that eye, but it will be monitored from now on to check for that.

CB crabbit is a really great word, fash is more NE Scots, the area that speaks the Doric. I know a woman who writes great poetry in the Doric.

10:38 am  
Blogger f:lux said...

Ooh, crabbit's good! And spring is on the way - hope you have good photo making weather at the weekend :)

11:03 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks fl:ux, kind words indeed.

11:32 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home