Friday, December 29, 2006

In between

Stop Press. If you'd like to leave me a message try the new cbox system on my side bar - and heads up to Blkb for telling me about this!

Well these are the in between days, the dog days of the year. Christmas is over and New Year is almost here. I was in the supermarket today and you could tell most adults were thinking " Yay, my time now!" The checkout belts were awash with bottles and cans rather than cream and Brussel sprouts.

The weather is mild, damp and horrible. I took a present to a friend yesterday and she was just back from Aberdeenshire, where it's freezing cold. She said the hoar frost was just spectacular and the light was sharp and clear. I really feel uninspired as far as taking photos goes, except for yesterday when I did some shots of my husband's cousins for his aunt, as her sons are home from all over the place, including China.

N is off to the north too, she staying near Findhorn, which will be lovely at this time of the year. She called me from the train, I wonder how Basha, the dog, is doing on the train, bet she wants her own seat!

I've been checking on my most popular posts, so far one I posted on bottle brush plants seems to be the most popular. I'm so glad gardening has beaten cancer, ;).

Oh roll on Spring! I long to be in the sunshine either digging or taking pictures. First photocall will be the snowdrops in a nearby wood, they carpet the ground and grow right up the side of the loch. Part of my Christmas is a filter for my macro lens, which will hopefully help me get some great close-ups.

Anyway better close, I've another meal to cook!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I have loved catching up on your posts - it's been awhile since I visited. It was a delicious read! All the very best to you and to yours this coming year - I know the recent past has been tough for you ... I so admire your spirit and courage. Enjoy the winter - it always carries the coming spring in its bones.

8:51 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanksfor the kind words CB. Yes there are signs of Spring, but the low light is hard to bear at times.
I don't mind cold and bright, but dull is dull!

9:48 am  
Blogger Pat said...

Hi Honey I'm home! I'm a fogey about change so will wait to hear what you think of the new system after a while. You are more adventurous than me. Whilst I'm here a happy healthy 2007 for you and yours.

7:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally, I listen to all the Christmas excitement on the radio and I go to town to watch people...but this year...too much rain. So I avoided the whole Christmas thing. Played music from faraway places.

Mmm, I can smell curry from the neighbours.

9:11 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Hi Pi. the new system is fine, not much difference, but the logging on is a pain as blogger refuses to "remember me"

Gg You always paint such great pictures, I can smell it too!

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home