Friday, October 06, 2006

Picking up the book today

I feel physically sick with nerves. If I've missed something it's too late now!
Got to let our Writers' Group publication people know, I think we hope to sell our latest crop of pamphlets through Scottish Poetry Pamphlets organisation. Not sure mine is all that mainstream or conventional so it probably won't sell much via that route, anyway by the time friends and family get a copy their won't be many left. I'm giving copies to my breast surgeon and oncologist.

I'll post a picture here later.

The event has sold out, I'm even squeezing a few extra chairs in. We have a rehearsal at the venue on Monday evening and we do it for real on Wednesday night.
Shelley, whose taking part, has friends over from her home town in California and they're coming to the rehearsal as they leave on Tuesday. I just hope people like the things I've chosen, and more importantly the bit from the book. We're going to read the part about me losing my hair, starting chemo and getting a prosthesis. We're doing it as an ensemble piece. It's amazing hearing my words said by other people.

I feel like I'm doing a cut down version of BBC Radio's 4 "With Great Pleasure". If you get the chance listen to the one Henry Normal did , it's here

I love the John Hegerty poem about the dog. I bought a book of his poems second hand off Amazon after hearing this. He's a funny man.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Will be with you in spirit on Wednesday. I'll bet you have a ball!

3:56 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Pi. I've just had a prang in the car, tyre blew and I clipped the kerb, then the side air bag deployed -which was scary than anything else, like being indoors with a rocet! I'm fine but shaken. Hope I'll be OK fir next week. Luckily I was only doing 30 mph in town, busy road, but no-one near me. Just all the hassle of the repair now, blech!

5:15 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i'm sure everything will turn out perfectly. like pi said, i'll be there in spirit!

as for the fender bender, i'm glad to hear you're ok.

9:15 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thank you both. I'm better today. Car will have to go into the bodyshop to get the seat fixed and the airbags reset, and a new wheel.
It was really scary. Still not sure what happened, but the rscue service guy says it doesn't take much of a clip of the kerb to do damage. It was two heavy lanes of traffic and I had a bus on my left, maybe I over compensated on the right. Been driving for 25 years and this is my first dunt that was down to me, been rear ended before by a parcel van.

11:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home