Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jumble Sale


Well the Farmers' Market was actually quite good today. I got huge, big yellow and red tomatoes, which I'm going to use in a ratatouille tomorrow along with my remaining peppers and my total crop of two aubergines.

And I discovered that there was a Lib Dem jumble sale on in the Corn Exchange. I love jumble sales, except when they are really packed as I don't have the elbows, nor the padding to fight my way in. This one was quiet as it was almost over. I bought a never, ever used clay casserole, without any instructions, and three books, one a poetry book, which is a mixture of three blokes, including Kingsley Amis (I put Hardy before, the Queen's frock designer, my memory is shot!), and at first glance it appears beyond me, the second was the Heart of Darkness, which is for my son as it's a set text this year, and finally best of all the "The Book of Bunny Suicides", this is cartoons and is brilliant, I've been cacklingly away all afternoon.

Do not however look at the clothes at a Lib Dem jumble, unless you actually want to dress like Shirley Williams. Leave clothes shopping for the Tory party jumble, they have a better class of cast-offs, provided you want a Barbour jacket and wellies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Her mother was brilliant and wrote 'Testament of Youth' about WW1.
I could never vote for a woman who couldn't even manage her hair style but then I'm shallow.

3:08 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes I know, Vera B. I'm with you on the hair issue. I do like her, but I fear the Lib dems are too nice to govern. I just wish Charlie had sorted himself out sooner.

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Kate Moss can turn lib dem chic into a must-have.

8:45 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes shabby chic, but it was stuff I'd be embarrassed to put in the recycling bin

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home