Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"Pulling wings off butterflies"

My friend Meg lives in PA and has children. When I first heard yesterday's report about a gun incident in a PA school my heart stopped. I was near Dunblane on the day of that awful shooting. The meeting I was at broke up as soon as the news came through. I'll never forget the look on the faces of the terror stricken parents as they ran from the building to drive home.

Meg's family is safe, but she e-mailed me saying "It is so cruel,and so cowardly. the Amish are complete innocents and killing any child is like pulling the wings off butterflies."

Nothing else to be said really.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many sickos out there and they are cowards for taking their angers out on the children.

11:05 am  
Blogger Pat said...

He must have been mentally unhinged - to carry that hate for twenty years. I'm glad your friend isn't directly affected.

2:59 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i hadn't read all the details; another time when i'm just not ready to do it. but, when i saw the headline, it just astounded me. shootings are always horrible, but the amish? humanity has hit a new low.

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home