Sunday, October 01, 2006

Eating greens


The USA is experiencing a health scare just now, some people have contracted e-coli from pre-packed spinach. A friend over there sent me this great cartoon. She also said there's now a further health worry concerning carrot juice causing botulism, so maybe the next cartoon will feature Bugs Bunny in an open casket.
I wonder if anyone's told Suicidal Bunny, he'd probably queue to buy a job lot. As would most of the ladies in Manhattan, but only to smear on their faces. 5th Ave is a strange place, you're never quite sure if those old broads are really blanking you, or it's simply that they can no longer move any facial muscles.

N is home. She brought me a lovely designer bag, the label in Spanish means "F*cking cool". It has a pink house design on it. B. was delighted to see her, and to be home. I'm looking forward to having more room in bed, sans three stone of mongrel. N. bought me air dried Spanish ham, but left it in the fridge when she left for the ferry :(

I'm glad she's back I've missed her.

I had my FIL all weekend, he's getting very frail as he's nearly 80, but it was nice to feed him up and give him goodies to take home, includng some of my plum jam, some Chinese lantern flowers from the garden, as he paints, and a couple of photographs of mine that he really liked. I wish he lived closer.

2 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

oh, my grandmother makes some great plum jam. i wish i had some right now! :)
yeah, the spinach scare has been interesting issue. there wasn't an outbreak here in GA but it a lot of restaurants still pulled it. i think there was a sprouts e. coli scare a few years ago as well.

11:13 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Wish i could send you some jam over the wires lol!

It's hard to know what to buy, I hear they pump all sorts of gases int these salad bags. My garden salads are all but over.

10:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home