Saturday, September 09, 2006

Got my new specs

I really like them, they're a bit like these ones on Jenny Eclair , and that's probably where the similarity ends!

I promise not to leave them lying around face down, or to chew the ends in moments of frustration. I should have got a cord thingy to go round my neck as I don't need them for reading, so I'll still have the on/off Morcambe and Wise routine going on.

Beautiful day here. Said cheerio to N, I'll miss her while she's away. My men were golfing, and are now at the footie. I'm going to shoot some pix in the garden. My grapes are ripening, and stock pix of them always sell well. I walked the dog in Holyrood Park, after I'd picked up my specs. Fantastic early autumn views down to St Mary's Loch and the Scottish Parliament.

4 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i like the new specs! it makes me want to get some new ones. my only problem is i'd end up getting a pair that looks just like the ones i already have.

i have a bad habit of falling asleep with my glasses on. in spite of this, i've never broken a pair.

have a good weekend!

7:36 pm  
Blogger NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Hey. Thanks for the comment. It cheered me up a lot. I was right in the middle of writing a miserable post about the futility of my blog in a kind of "I'm in on Saturday night" stylee. So, well, thanks.

Like yours, by the way. I will read more tomorrow.

x

12:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Scotland - how I love Edinburgh ... One day we are going back for a visit - until then I have your wonderful posts to read - thanks. The specs look a little like the ones I used to wear when i was sweet sixteen! (And feeling very uncool in glasses that even tho they were fashionable - or as we said back then; all the rage - nevertheless made me look ike a librarian! Not a good look when you're sixteen and sidelong-glancing at boys who never sidelong-glanced back because girls with glasses never did. (Girls with glasses Don't get passes.
HOWEVER
I am sure you look very rad and cool in your glasses - they are all the rage again I hear!! :)

5:43 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks I'm with you blkb on playing safe on speccs, so this is a big departure for me. Kind of tired of the old me :)

Welcome Monkey. You do write really weel, better than some who attract huge audiences, keep going!

Hi CB, if you ever come over look us up. i love edinburgh in autumn, the tourist drop off a bit and you can reclaim the place.

6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home