Monday, July 31, 2006

Last post

Just read it back and it seems rather harsh, but it was hot and I was knackered, so apologies for the rant. My MIL called and left a message on the answering machine to say she'd found her purse. It wasn't our answering machine, not sure whose it was, but anyway she tried. My husband called her yesterday and it was in one of the many handbags.

Weather has broken and we're back to more normal temperatures, and you can visibly see some plants in the garden relaxing. My species fuchsia were not faring well, as they like damper conditions than we've experienced this summer. I love the pale pink flowered one, the flowers look rows of tiny girls in tutus, but this summer there's hardly a flower to be seen. Meanwhile the plants that like hot, dry conditions are romping away, like the cotton lavender. Fig tree also has a bumper crop on it and the steak tomatoes are huge, and the old heritage varieties have grown some really ugly fruit that look a bit like baboons bottoms with piles,:)!!

My pix have passed the colour test with the new calibration, so I need to interpolate them, essentially blow up the file size, keyword them, burn them to CD and post them off to the plant library. I really hate every one of these processes, especially the interpolation as it sucks up every bit on RAM on the pc, I really need to get some more. So it's a job I'll tackle by degrees.

Better get going. Washing is getting soaked, so nice to write that!;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mybananalife said...

A tagging device may be useful for your MIL. Don't be silly, not on her, I mean as a keyring for her keys.

4:53 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

On her might not be a bad idea!
We gave her one oof those clap your hands and it will tell you where it is things, but she dropped them in the sink............

6:31 pm  
Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

I love fuschias too, the passion flower that I planted last year is doing really well, it is growing up the chain link fence but the flowers are all facing through the fence away from my garden!

It will be interesting to see what can be grown in the new weather conditions we are experiencing :>)

9:08 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I've heard about the hot weather from a long-time British friend in Lichfield ... sounds glorious to me over here in a winter just starting to shake off its frosts.

9:47 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes it's going to be interesting, I'm trying to plant more things that will tolerate dry conditions. We still get enough water in the Spring not to have hosepipe bans, but it's a chore to water things.
I've got to common passion flower too, but in the greenhouse growing through the grape vine. It is lovely.

My clematis montana is like your passion flower Mother, it runs along the wall showing all its flowers to the neighbours, just the way the light shines i suppose.

Sorry Chief Biscuit, but you'll be basking with barbies at the beach while we freeze.!

I wonder about the Gulf Stream, as we've had two really snowy winters too, so the climate is getting more extreme.

And my Japanese Anenomes are out, and they never used to flower until September.

11:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home