Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Book list

1.One book that changed your life? Tess of the D’Urbervilles:Thomas Hardy
2.One book you've read more than once? Grapes of Wrath:J Steinbeck
3.One book you'd want on a desert island? Some massive poetry anthology
4.One book that made you laugh? Catch 22:Joseph Heller
5.One book that made you cry? What I Loved:Siri Hustvedt
6.One book that you wish you had written? To Kill a Mocking Bird:Harper Lee
7.One book you wish had never been written? Thomas the Tank Engine,I loathed reading it to my son, dry as dust, but he loved it. My friend's son had a speak impediment and used to refer to the F*ck Controller, after that I was lost.
8.One book you are currently reading? Untold Stories:Alan Bennett
9.One book you have been meaning to read? Italian Food:Elizabeth David
10.Five people I am tagging: Blkbutterfly, Pi, Banana, Andre, and Motherdamnable

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the bit about the f*** controller - I used to think the same about him... And I too had to read this to my son - God I hated it. I much prefer listening to Ringo Stah doing the voiceovers on the TV programs, although the chuggy theme tune always drilled my head.

Your other books are very interesting too. I must read Tess one of these days. We had to do Far From the Madding Crowd this year and I really liked Hardy's style of writing.

3:45 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Please excuse me. I vowed after my last me me it would be the last because I am writing about me all the time. Hope you understand.

11:51 am  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

my first tag!! i'm so excited, though i don't know if i can do this meme justice.
anyway, #7 is hilarious; it's so unexpected.

3:49 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I'm glad you're pleased. I didn't want to impose. I'll check out your list later. I'm glad 7 made you laugh, sore tooth and all.

9:41 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Love that list! Some i hadn't heard of - TTE of course i had heard of - he's still popular as ever btw - I work with two year olds who know EVERY engine.

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home