Thursday, March 16, 2006

Got to love Glasgow

I was through in Glasgow yesterday, meeting an old school friend and doing a quick raid on Primark. I got 5 tops and a fab skirt for £27. I have a little guilt that my shopping probably wasn't ethically correct, but as I was a Primark virgin until yesterday I think I'll let myself off a big guilt trip.

I drank water on the train, and then of course needed the loo the minute I got into the station. I was standing at the machine trying to find 20p, I had pound coins, 50ps, you name it - but not the right change. Suddenly this young woman thrust 20p in my hand, and said, "There you go!"

If I'd been in Edinburgh I'd have pee'd my pants before anyone did that.

In the queue for the tills at Primark, which was massive, I checked out what everyone was wearing and buying. Glaswegians have a lot of verve in the way they dress, in fact they remind me a little of Italians in that respect. It was absolutely freezing outside, but one woman had on white cut-offs with white stillettoes and no tights.

And a wee old chap with "bus conductress" blue/black hair came forward and bought a very lacy white bra. Nothing was said by anyone, but you just knew it was for him.
It made me think of the Little Britain trannie sketches.

I miss the West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home