Sunday, November 02, 2008

Quite a week



Argh I did a long post and blogger ate it!

So to recap:

A hospital check-up this week means I can come off the drug I've had to take these last few years. I also learned that the drug switch I pushed for 3 years ago is now the standard way to treat breast cancer cases like mine where there's a high risk of recurrence.

I feel a bit twitchy about flying solo again, and having to get a bone density scan to see what the drug has done to my poor old bones. But it is progress and I'm really grateful for that.

And things in the big garden move on a pace, trees have come down to make way for our orchard and there is a glimmer of hope that we might get new out-buildings one day, that will live up to modern standards, with luxuries like a loo and a mess room.

So quite a series of breakthroughs after a long period of stalemate. And I feel quite proud of myself for keeping going on such a variety of fronts.

Sometimes in life all you can offer is stubborn persistence, and you get to the point where you stop and wonder why in the hell you are keeping on keeping on, and then a door will suddenly yield and all sorts of possibilities open up.

So if you're having a tough time just now stick it out, as I'm sure the weather will change for you too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's quite inspirational, A - having a tough week myself and looking in here reminds me of the greater scheme of things, so thanks for that.

Your persistence is just as remarkable as you :)

8:25 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

That's good to hear Anna and best of luck with the bone density thingy. If it's not as it should be they can treat it. I agree with Barbaras - you are an inspiration.

9:51 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

Inspiration was the word I was going to use too!

You should be proud, and good luck with the going solo; I can understand it feels a bit wobbly.

Much love and thanks for all the encouragement and joy you give me!

11:29 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Thanks Anna. You are a trooper. One of my favourite sayings is from my great grandma - per my Dad. She was Irish and loved to say,
'Patience and perserverance'. To my dad's kiwi ears, it sounded like (and also how he'd say it, often enough for me to have it as a tape in my head)'Payshuns and per-severance'.
You are a quiet embodiment of that honourable trait - which these days far too many people lack.
Congratulations. It's paid off.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home