Friday, October 17, 2008

Making pictures



I'm trying to choose some shots for a competition entry and I keep getting sidetracked into doing things to them that aren't eligible in the competition rules. These two have been duotoned and then cross processed i.e. bringing up the blues/yellows. I'll enter them unadulterated, but this is no more than would have been done in a chemical bath at one point, so I think the restriction is a bit daft.

One I've called "beach bouquet" because it was laid on the sand at low tide like a flower arrangement, the other is ivy strangling a tree, but very prettily.
I'm glad I feel like taking pictures again, I missed it, it is so relaxing and my stupid head just empties of all the rubbish I cart around.

The house is a tip, but it has been a blissful two days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colin Will said...

I like these A. I took some 'textures' photos at Smeaton recently - mainly tree trunks, but haven't had time to do much with them. Having seen these, I'll definitely have a go. Not sure I'm up to being critiqued at the CC yet though!

3:38 pm  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I really like both of them..the beach one is a little more alien entity and the ivy is a tad more sinister.

Good for you. I think that the reason we enjoy photography so much is because when we stare at our image, our perplexed little over-taxed brain thinks
"HEY, I remember that! I think we stored that image..let's see..it's in this pile over here..it's in here somewhere..HERE IT is..it looks a little different but I think that's the same thing..have a lash"

4:21 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Very creative - I am pleased for you that your creative side is in ascendancy at the moment! Enjoy and revel in it. And good luck with your entries.

1:17 am  
Blogger Pat said...

Both are good IMO but I specially like the bottom one. Good luck with the competition.

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home