Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't worry, be happy



Everyone seems be being very creative in bloggerland just now. Nice to see so many projects coming off.

I recently enjoyed a great workshop with the Scots poet Liz Niven and one of the curators of the Tracey Emin retrospective. We got a guided tour of the exhibition, the second time I've been round it, and then we did some writing, one collective piece based on using our the five senses responses to the work and one individual piece. It was a really enjoyable morning, although quite nerve-wracking as I didn't know anyone there. Although I was quite pleased when the curator help up a photograph of a piece of work and asked us who it was by. I was able to identify it as Du Champ, by virtue of having seen the Man Ray/DuChamp/Picabia exhibition at the Tate this May.

This Wednesday I'm starting a 4 week course at the National Galleries that I'm really looking forward to.

Plus our SPL School of Poets class is getting the opportunity to have an evening session with Ken Cockburn on the Edwin Morgan archive, which is being permanently deposited at the Scottish Poetry Library.

I'm also going to see the film EasyVirtue with a friend. It is an adaptation of a Noel Coward play and it has had pretty good reviews and hopefully it will be a bit of laugh.

And then I have my young nephew for the weekend while my SIL and husband try to sort out some more of my MIL's affairs.

So a busy week in prospect

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lots of creative energy in your neck of the woods A, great to hear about. That 4 week course sounds like a cracker.

8:25 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

Busy busy. Enjoy it, but take it easy!

8:19 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I envy you your dollops of culture.
It's strange you should mention your nephew and 'Don't worry - be happy'.
Several years ago we were shocked and devastated when my nephew was killed in a road accident in South Africa. He was the most happy- go -lucky, care- free young man and 'Don't worry' was his favourite song. He will always live on in our hearts but also - hopefully, in the three people who were given his vital organs.

9:35 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Well three down and two to go. The class was good, quite a mixture of folk - including a Russisan lady wanting to increase her her English word power and an anthropologist. I wasn't that struck on two of the three pictures selected, but as 16th century triptych/altar piece of the three legends of St Nicholas was very interesting as it taght me things about the Sain that I didn't know before and it is beautifully painted. SEE here:
http://www.nationalgalleries.org/index.php/collection/online_subject/4:323/results/0/4808/

Pat I'm glad the song gives you some happy memories of a much loved nephew.

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home