Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yesterday


I had to go to Glasgow yesterday, to a presentation on a Govt quango's funding round.
It was a long day and I got soaked both ways.

And the Edinburgh to Glasgow train was just awful. Outside dreich barely light moor and marsh, with the sun limping through intermittently, inside this moving corridor of plonkers. Some with plugged ears were emitting endless ching, ching,boom, boom sounds, others were picking e-mails off their Blackberries. And of course there were the inevitable, "I'm on the train............." calls.

But the best snippet I heard was, "her name is Lia, L, i, a, and she'll be manning the hot desk pod from Monday."

WTF!? Beam up Scotty!

I would shoot myself if I had to re-enter the corporate world, they talk such utter and complete shite and manage to make it sound like it is earth-shattering.

This is a photo from Sunday at 3pm, low light and fog. Yesterday in Glasgow it was so wet that it looked like twilight at 12 noon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

No, they talk utter and complete shite and manage to make it sound like utter and complete shite.

Lovely moody picture, as are the ice ones. Well done on the son and his girlfriend front!

3:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the way you pick it apart. LOL .

6:28 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

A pox on that low light. I'm half sick of shadows.
Aplogies to Alf

3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home