Friday, December 07, 2007

Worried

I heard Terry Jones singing this on the radio today and it really made me laugh. So if you feel the need to lighten up please play it.



Still toiling to catch up with everyone, I think it must just be the time of year. But my projects are progressing well. I love it when you put people in touch with each other and something good result's. This has just happened with the Edinburgh charity I work with, I suggested we write to someone and it has now grown into the prospect of a really worthwhile project. Can't give details here for obvious reasons, but it has really made my week. Yesterday I went over the bidding document with the charity's director and it sounds really good.

I've also helped to nudge the "big garden" project forward a wee bit and we have an expert horticulturalist coming to give us some free gratis scoping/costing help so we can bid for the restoration of a couple of areas.

Voluntary work is a slog, but the rewards are really good when you start to achieve things.

Sometimes I miss my old job, but this way I can put my former skills to best use while still being able to balance my own health and well being. It will never make me rich, but that's no longer important, so long as I can pay my way I'm happy.

Dog sitting today for N. Her granddaughter is 5 tomorrow and I have presents for her to take to the party. I'm going to a friend's choir concert in our lovely St Mary's, where the acoustics are sublime.

Despite the short days life feels good. Monty Python always makes you get things into perspective! They should be given on prescription lol :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Good for you. My admiration for your sense of progress and achievement at a time of year when I struggle to feel anything of the kind!

11:22 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I was feeling low too Lucy. But I kicked myself in the bum, which is tricky to do lol! But being blue it is such a waste of time and a friend helped when he pointed out that it'll start getting light in les than three weeks. A glass half full man clearly!

Plus I have Joanne's example, she's setting up her tree while on oxygen
and she now sleeps on a hospital bed in her conservatory, so I've no reason to complain.

12:17 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

You're right voluntary work is rewarding and usually it is the most hard pressed people who do it. Recently I was chuffed to discover my eldest son is now a Samaritan - following in his mother's fading footsteps.

9:25 am  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

Hahaha. The song is a blast. LOL I'm glad to hear things are going well with the voluntary work. :-)

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home