Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Quickie

Well I've been an active apprentice, since I last posted I've:

1)Finished painting the bathroom. I ran out of paint and had to go to town to get more mixed. As ever I'm now left with a can that 90% full.

2)I've done the first site visit in the big garden with the bio diversity officer and a tree surgeon. So now we need to rush around costing stuff and writing a bid before 18 January. It's a ploy to reduce applications I think that 3 funds for 2 different charities I work with have opened the chance to bid for funds in Nov and have a closing date in January, it's like the bloody football transfers window!

I was freezing yesterday wandering rough pasture in a gloomy, cold garden. We have another one to do next week with a rep from the Botanic Gardens.

3) I'm sorting out poems for a collection. It's been a big task making sure titles match file names and fine tuning some. I'm meeting Colin next week to talk about what I've got.

4) I've been doing Christmas things like buying presents and ordering supplies and food. Best bit was getting the tree from a lovely farm which had fantastic views of the hills. Still bereft of ideas for my husband. Son is getting him the Led Zepplin album.

My very late Christmas cake is in the oven, I'd better go and check it. I did soak the fruit in Calvados for three days so it should be good.

8 Comments:

Blogger f:lux said...

I was starting to wonder what you were up to... poetry collection sounds exciting! cheers, Lx

3:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was stuck for ideas for LOML but then I found one of his favourite artists was showing at a Christmas Fair at work - and I found my problem solved!

See my site for the mayhem going on here!

9:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yowzer! You are being busy - don't overdo it though.

5:10 pm  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

Nice feeling to get things done. Good luck with the poems! :-)

11:29 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh save me some of that Christmas Cake!

10:53 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I actually managed to get MTL in a shop to try on a smart jacket type anorak I had had my eye on. He's difficult about clothes and presents because he isn't interested but is a wonderful giver. That's him done for Christmas.
It's freezing here. God knows what it's like north of the border.

4:24 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You are a wonder-working machine! Wish I was half as industrious. Have a happy Yuletide with your family. Good luck with the cake and buying your nearest & dearest 'just what he wanted.'

2:31 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

It is freezing Pat, absolutely Baltic. I'll post some pix above.

Thanks for the good wishes

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home