Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hurray!!!





I've finished the bidding document I've been writing and I have to confess that I've enjoyed it more than I expected to, especially all the statistical research.
It is being considered in London, so I had to write a lot of background/context stuff as we were warned at the seminar on Monday that there wouldn't be much knowledge of the position north of the border around the table down there.

It feels good, like finishing some big homework assignment when I was a kid.
Now I can hopefully get back to more personal projects. The greenhouse clear out needs completing, I've some chicken poo to collect for my roses, and mushroom compost to order to mulch the long borders.

And I'm excitedly awaiting an order of herbaceous plants from the world famous gardens/nurseries of Beth Chatto They are mostly things for late summer, and are all tall, so they can go at the back of the borders and give height and sense of depth. It is my Christmas present money, and delayed gratification is always worthwhile when it comes to plants.

This is a crocus shot from last year,but the aconites are already through in the back garden, so life is on the move.

5 Comments:

Blogger S. Kearney said...

How nice to put that assignment to bed and then look to nature! :-) I hope there is a positive response.

2:29 am  
Blogger Pat said...

There's a sight for truly sore eyes.

3:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing the bidding document - and how lovely to move onto something like planning your summer garden - right now my summer garden is being blown to smithereens by very unseasonable wind.

6:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My retinas always seem calmed and less twitchy when I haven't been by for a while and then see all these amazing images you capture. It's hard to tear your eyes away from them. They calm me right down and I always like to set aside the time to spend a wee while just enjoying your words and images.

It's good to hear your projects are all coming along nicely. I, for one, would physically shrink at the thought of writing up a bid. But then, I'm rubbish. Good on you for taking it on.

9:37 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Hi thanks all. The bid is for the charity in Edinburgh that I help with. The Director is abroad during to bid period so he asked me to build on his initial notes.

Sam I'm glad you like my stuff, I like your funny stories they always cheer me and make me smile.

1:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home