Friday, November 30, 2007

Thank you all

Thanks for all the lovely comments on the poem and everything. I really enjoyed writing the piece as I've felt so bereft of ideas for weeks now.

It's a tonic to open up comments boxes and read such supportive messages. And Kim I'll look into the story site, I'd love to give it a whirl if I can sort out the technical stuff and find the time. Maybe in the New Year when things are a bit slacker, I'm trying to help with a garden project just now which has to be bid for by 31 December.

Sam the singer was Fionn Regan. I think he's amazingly talented.

Last night I went to a workshop that Colin Will ran on getting your poetry published. He has such a wealth of good advice to share, and is so generous with his hard won knowledge and time. I really appreciated the thought he put into the event, and I borrowed some great books and magazines to read, including one of his that I've not seen before.

My husband was at his Mum's last night, so I had the whole bed, save for the bit the dog appropriated, and I read and wrote and listened to the radio. It was lovely.

I really like this act Martha Tilson too. She has a great EP on i-tunes for 1.99 or so, well worth it I think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I find it makes such a huge difference being able to go to writer events - one gains so much insight from them - just as you have done from going to Colin Will's workshop. I just wish I didn't live so very far away from the UK - but then I'd probably spend half my life going to writer's days and workshops! :-)

6:49 pm  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

I love that music and the dancing. She says she should "get a real job" ... I disagree. It's just fine what she's doing. And yes, those groups are great for getting fresh energy. :-)

12:00 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I agree with what you say about the comment box. I often find when I'm feeling a bit down a comment will lift my spirits and brighten the day.

8:48 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Av I've learned so much by going to groups, nothing beats face to face contact.

Shameless I'm glad you like it. I'm not clear if this woman is just a fan or the singer herself.

Pat, you're often the one who brightens my day!

10:37 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks for this and nice to see you again.

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home