Friday, September 14, 2007

Women's Soccer World Cup



Today I cut some topiary things in the garden, initially with some heavy electric hedge trimmers, which left me feeling all shook up, so I thought I deserved a rest on the sofa this pm.

I ended up watching Germany V England in the women's football World Cup.
England did well, though they were rubbish in the last third, they didn't have many shots on target and they wasted the few they got.

But listening to the commentary it struck me that some of the expressions should not be automatically translated across to the women's game, e.g.

"She commands her box very well!"

That had me spit laughing into my tea.


BTW did I mention we hammered France 1-0 in Paris on Wednesday :)

2 Comments:

Blogger f:lux said...

I didn't even know the women's world cup was happening. And I wonder, do men watch it the way some (ahem...) women watch men's footie - for the legs? ;)

Hawey the lassies!

7:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hammered? It was just one weeny goal. It was actually the fans who hammered Paris. I think there may be some bar owners who will take weeks and weeks to recover from the shock of it!

9:44 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home