Saturday, September 08, 2007

Chasing my tail

Things are crazy around here. I'm trying to get my son organised to move into university halls today. It's not easy to get him out of first gear and things are in boxes all over the place.

Then pm we have a family 100th birthday party to go to. We bought the old guy a good bottle of single malt as he has a tot each day. My men have visions of it being like Father Ted, with the old boy saying "feck" in the corner every once in a while, but I'm sure it will be more genteel than that

Tomorrow I'm going walking with a friend, we ramble for about an hour then visit a famous garden called Little Sparta. Hope to take some photographs too., which means lugging the camera on the hike.

N. is home from Africa, but I won't see her till next week as we're both busy.

My FIL is sweet, he caught the BBC programme and called to say he was proud to have me as a daughter in law. My parents never did that sort of thing so it was really touching.

Anyway must fly, lots to do. I'll catch up with everyone next week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Enjoy the walk and the party. big up for FIL

12:02 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sounds like life's busy but full of creative ventures and family memory-making. Well done on the photo being on the BBC.

12:26 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I chuckled when I saw your comments about the son who finds it hard to get out of first gear... and the old man and his whiskey tots... Father Jack indeed!

9:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My niece went into Uni halls on Saturday, too. If she hadn't had her mother and aunt with her to organise things, all her stuff would still be in boxes and cases. She was fed up that the bike store didn't open until today so was on tenterhooks that her bike might get stolen over the weekend ... I think its safe!

5:21 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanka all. I'll post about it all. Belle yes minewas like that too!

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home