Sunday, February 04, 2007

Haiku

I must admit to loving these. If I get to StAnza I really want to try and see
Alan Spence as I really admire his work and for what it's worth he inspired me to find a way to write about my cancer.

Anyway this weekend Colin Will kindly looked at a few haiku I'd attempted and gave me some great pointers. (Funnily enough he's just blogged about writing haiku.)
So I think I'll keep trying to write them, as something about the form appeals to my eye as much as my ear.

The ones I shared with him were written last autumn and this is one of the ones he helped me polish up:

cut,baled,stacked.
another year reaped
and gathered in



and this is a new one that I'm still thinking through:

February -

a torn plastic prayer bag

in every tree

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna I have to confess thia makes my brain hurt but I admire the people who do it.

4:58 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

I know what you mean, but you don't need to do the whole syllable counting thing.

6:38 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I love that imagery, 'another year reaped and gathered in'.

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home