Sunday, February 25, 2007

Eye Right!



More good news on the home/family front, I took my son to Out Patients today for a check-up on his eye and it is now back to the same normal pressure as his other one. They also took out the microscopic stitch from the surgery, so he can gradually ease back in to wearing his contacts again. And they discharged him, with the recommendation that we get his optician to test his eye pressure every year as part of his usual eye check.

So no lasting damage from the accident, and he can start playing contect sports again - he's really been missing his football/soccer, so I'm glad he'll be able to play again, and we'll try not to think about the risks.

And I thought I'd mention that there was a lovely sung version of Keats' The Lake Isle of Innisfree by Anuna on Something Understood this week, hear it here (You might need to try twice for it to load)It's also available on i-tunes.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.


The full programme, which examines the notion of "home" and the listen again option are here

I'm hoping for a little peace for a bit. An evening full of linnet's wings would be plain bloody lovely right now.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

loved the Keats. I'd like to be
able to follow your links Anna but my connection is just too slow.
HOORAY for the kid.

10:32 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Anna, sorry about the links -one day....

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home