Saturday, February 24, 2007

Delegation



The wean is looking to earn some cash from us, so I've delegated my least favourite job, which I only do on a demand-led basis anyway, the ironing! As I type he's hauling out the pile from the cupboard under the stairs annd sorting it into separate piles, of his, his Dad's and mine.

I won't let him loose on my stuff, but he can do tee shirts and jeans and such.

How should I pay, flat rate or piece-work? I better not fall into the trap of creating my own wee sweatshop...hmmmmm....

Maybe he'll go on to greater things, like the guy in this picture.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I remember so well dong the same thing for our sons - you'd sooner do it yourself, but you hope that skills are being learned along with a sense of paying their way - plus, if they do it well, a little bit of luxury for you ... now relax mother and try to enjoy the fact that your ironing is getting done! ;)

10:12 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes I don't think folding is his strong suit, some looked more crumpled than they started out, but it is about pulling back a little and teaching some survival skills,;)

9:29 am  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Piece-work definitely - it's more motivating, especially at that age.

The main problem might be wanting to go and redo everything he's done when he's gone!

5:43 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

I've resisted the urge so far Sam!

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home