Thursday, February 15, 2007

Waiting


Our wee dog has a lump on his leg, with luck it will be scarring from a tick bite. But he's gone off the vet's today to have it excised and sent for biopsy. He'll also getting his nashers cleaned and polished, which will hopefully improve his dog breath!

He's eleven, with a trace of a heart murmur so general anesthetic will be a bit risky, but I just want to give him a bit of chance in case this leg thing is something nasty. He's a cross between a mongrel from Oman, that my friend brought back through quarantine after her kids bought it in the market there, and a Jack Russell. I love him dearly as he's a great character and was my constant companion when I was ill.

So please cross everything for Gus! This is him surveying the street outside, he patrols this pew every day spotting arrivals and rivals.

We get him back at 3.30 pm.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hope he came OK.

5:46 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

how did things go w/ Gus? i hope he came back safe and sound, and with nice smelling breath! :-)

7:22 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Certainly thinking of Gus. He looks so darling - you can tell even from the back.

10:54 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Is Gus short fo Angus? If so I already love him especially for what he's meant to you so everything is crossed for him. I found I loved Jock and Havoc in spite of their less than fragrant breath!

11:42 pm  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

He's a well-travelled dog! I hope this is just a wee cul-de-sac he's on now and he'll turn the corner with his tail wagging.

Fingers crossed.

7:03 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks all. We have to wait for 7/10 days for the pathology/histology on the lump.

I'm finding that a strain already as my poor mind only knows one route to go. It wasn't helped by one of the vets being on the phone talking about amputating some poor beasts leg! I did my usual brazen questionning of the nurses, but quite rightly they wouldn't voice an opinion until the results are through.
His teeth are sparkling though, and no extractions, so that was good. He's still a bit out of it and his poor wee leg is shaved and chicken like, with a about 7 stitches. They would be going for clean margins round the lump, which was pea-sized.

I know this is just life, but sometimes too many things come around at once.

Off to do something distracting, like gardening.

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home