Sunday, December 10, 2006

Really chuffed!!

NHSblog is running nominations for his British Medical Blog awards, and he has very kindly mentioned me! I'm really chuffed to get a mention on such a brilliant blog. He's doing a sterling job at shining a light on some of the excesses and inconsistencies of present NHS policies.

He say this on the blog:

"The publishers were complimentary about this patient’s breast cancer journal, but said that she “needed a hook to sell it, like being a celebrity.” She is not Kylie Minogue, so she went back to the drawing board and rewrote the journal as a series of haiku. Brilliant. [I have already had a lot of emails about the haiku. They have now been published. £4 plus postage. Email Anna at madick@supanet.com]"

Thanks Doc!!!

As ever details of the book are on my sidebar. I'm reading a few pieces from it at the Scottish Poetry Pamphlet Fair this Wednesday, the 13th, in the National Library, Causewayside, Edinburgh from 6.00 to 8.30 pm. I think I'll be on towards the end of the evening. Hope to sell a few copies of the book too. (BTW money from my sales is going back to help other local writers get published.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

All good Anna! well done!

11:58 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Pat, my biggest fan

oxo

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home