Thursday, October 12, 2006

First Aid Kit for the Soul show


It went really, really well. Every loved it and said it had just the right mix of laughs and tears, and that our production was really slick. I arranged it so that ensemble pieces were mixed with solo ones, and light and shade pieces went back to back.

And I sold lots of copies of the book and got an invite to go along to a poetry pamphlet sale.

I've posted the bit out of the local paper here. On the strength of it a freelance journalist called me this morning and interviewed me down the line. She going to pitch a story to the nationals and womens' magazines. It may all come to nothing, so I'm not building any hopes up there. But I emailed her the text of the full book.

I'm just glad the show is over, I've been eating and sleeping it for three months now. Cancer Research sent a rep along, she said, "you'll need to do another, bigger one next year," No way! It's just too draining. But I'm pleased I pulled it off cos I think a lot of people thought I must be mad to try.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done and glad to hear you had a great time.

4:54 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Banana :)

5:43 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

this is wonderful news! i thought of you yesterday and hoped it was a success. i know you're hesitaant to do it on a larger scale next year, but perhaps if you had a little more assistance, would you consider it?

5:59 pm  
Blogger David Todd said...

GR8 :-)
I've free ad space on my sidebar for your book if you want.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

YAY! I knew you'd pull it off. I'm proud of you and so sad not to be there. You know now you can do it. Of course it is draining but you can rest on your laurels for a while and the next time won't seem so daunting.
Meanwhile - without tiring yourself out follow up any leads you get.

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - many, many congratulations indeed. Well done - what an effort. So pleased for you that it all went well - bask now - bask and enjoy!

4:38 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks everyone! Just got all the paperwork now, sending of copies of the book to National Libraries and banking funds for the charity etc.

cyberscribe I'll look you up once I've got my link for sales. Thanks for the offer.

10:28 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Apprentice, I've just surfaced this week after exams to find you've only gone and went and done it!

I am so pleased for your achievement and the papers picking up on it too.

Be proud of yourself and all the hard work that you put into it - who knows what this could be the start of, hmm?

11:16 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks Barbara, I'm not sure it'll get any more coverage, it's a non story really. The pamphlet sale sounds fun though.

11:21 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

PS hope all your work has gone well. It must be a relief to be through it

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home