Friday, May 26, 2006

Soggy day


Ach it's raining here. I was planning to cut the grass, not that that would have taken long as only a hankerchief area survives - the rest having already made way for plants. I have a real notion to dig up the remaining bit and create a formal pond - but I doubt budgetary control/my husband would approve such a development. I'd use old railway sleepers, and dig down and then have it two sleepers high, with bracket seats at the corners. And I'd have fish and water lilies, and crinkly reeds and duck weed, cos I love the way it carpets the surface of the water.

I got a photographic gig booking today, to cover a local 5k race. I like doing these as it's such a contrast to garden photography, it's all instant action and results.
Trick is catching the start and then getting round the route to do candid shots of the runners out in the sticks. Last year the ladies' winner was so thin she had to have an eating disorder. I have to shoot things that show up the race sponsors logos, but it's fun trying to get a new take on that brief.

I really like this portrait, it comes from a low key photograph, which I've then used a painting technique on, so the brush strokes are very individual, it not just a matter of applyng a Photoshop filter. It's of a relative and she won't mind me posting it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home