Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Word Cloud



I got this from blkbutterfly's site. This wee gismo searches your blog and pulls out random words that you've used. I like how love and friend features in mine. It's how I'm trying to live my life these days.

Got a call from a colleague who is working with me on the garden regeneration project here in my home town. His wife has been living with breast cancer for 18 years, since her boys were four and seven. Anyway she died peacefully in a hospice on Sunday afternoon. I'm so glad she got to see her boys grow into young men. Let's hope the next wave of women will live to see their grandchildren grow up. I truly hate this disease, it stalks and blights the lives of too many mothers, wives, sisters and daughters.

I'm off to tend my greenhouse. As the Indigo girls say, "Got to tend the earth if you want a rose!" (First draft said "end the earth " Freudian slip there lol! The greenhouse is crammed with stuff waiting for the risk of night frost to pass. Can't wait to put all my pots out, got geraniums, fuschias, and French lavender. Plus beans and squash plants to go in the veg plot, where they'll feed the snails, who parachute on to them from taller plants! )

3 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

oh, yours looks so nice and clear. i couldn't get mine to look that way.
one of my aunts is a breat cancer survivor. she was diagnosed in her early 30s, i think. of course, as i mentioned in my blog, it's another one of those things no one ever talks about.

5:44 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks. I'm just so sick of breast cancer lol!

It takes to much of my life and the life of women I've come to know.

I'm sorry about your aunt and that the family won't talk about it. That's not uncommon, especially once people get through treatment, folks understandably want life to continue. It's becomoing a chronic illness rather than a certain death sentence - but extended lives need to be supported as they are not the same as pre cancer lives.

Today it invaded again, but tomorrow I'll put it aside, it's had its bite out of me for this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

8:03 pm  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

you know, you've given me a new way of looking at why ppl don't talk about illnesses. thanks for that. oh, and i commented on this at my blog, but i wasn't offended at all by what you wrote! :)

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home