Wednesday, May 17, 2006

GPS

A friend in the States e-mailed me to say that her man had just got, "Ta da an on line a GPS thingy - the true man's toy - he's in heaven. Somehow it managed to get us home from Sam's Club on Sunday. "In .3 mile turn left -" "Turn left!" He'd programmed a woman's voice - and then deliberately took other roads and left the poor bitch saying "Recalculating!"

She was kidding, but only a little. Another friend replied that that would make a great film plot, the GPS taking over the car, or maybe the driver being delutional about the fact that it had - a modern day road movie which ends with them disappearing off the grid.

I wish I had it, I'm going up north at the weekend, and last time I was driven there, so needless to say I didn't pay any attention to our route. I'll just have a scruffy old map book and maybe some RAC instructions off the net. I'm doing two days volunteering at a National Trust castle, helping at a woodland festival, then on Monday I'll shoot some garden pictures.

Yesterday I was at the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh, it was a birthday present from friend, I got in with the staff at 7.30am and was allocated a minder/sherpa and allowed to photograph all sorts of things, including some great views from the top of the Victorian Palm House.

1 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

that's what i need... a GPS system. i get lost so easily, it's not even funny, even with directions from Mapquest. at any rate, i hope you have safe travels and a good time over the weekend.

4:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home