Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Interviewing



I saw this poster in Prague and managed to look up Bischof's website last night. He was taking pictures just after the end of WW11. He died at just 38, so his portfolio is all the more remarkable. I like the shot of a woman emerging from the rubble of Monte Cassino, and a shot of junks off the coast of Hong Kong, and the little Peruvian boy in this poster, something about him makes me think of the Pied Piper of Hamelin story.

I've posted the link to the Bischof's site. You can buy an original print for $1,000 - I wish...............

2 Comments:

Blogger blkbutterfly said...

isn't it interesting how someone can make our experiences seem so small in comparison to what they have endured?
thanks for stopping by... don't be a stranger :)

1:04 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

Yes I felt realy humbled by this woman's experience and that she is trying to make a new life in another hostile environment.

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home