Friday, April 21, 2006

Beautiful Day


Contrary to the weather forecast the sun has been splitting the sky all day. I worked in my garden, sanding down the garden table, planting strawberries in pots to get an early greenhouse crop and shearing things with the sheep shears I bought yesterday. I have a Lonicera Baggens Gold which I've topiaried into a ball, so I gave it a good shaving with these shears, which were so much easier to use than lawn shears or secatuers.

My tomatoes have taken and are growing well. No sign of slugs or snails in the greenhouse. Last year I found a toad in there, so maybe he's back and taking care of business by eating the buggers. I don't use slug pellets as I have lots of birds in the garden and would hate to posion them. I've counted 4 nests this year, thrushes and blackbirds.

Then I took the dogs for a long walk in the woods, where I shot some bracken fronds unfurling, and some wild primroses. Dogs had a great tear about. I saw a deer, which they missed fortunately or they'd have chased it. Last time they did that they both ran through nettles and they spent the evening licking their paws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home