Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Busy,busy,busy


Spent Good Friday shooting interiors for a holiday let business in the Borders, they also wanted local outdoor shots too, so had a lovely time photographing Melrose Abbey,the R.Tweed and a bunch of lambs.

On Saturday my son celebrated his 17th birthday in good style with his mates, sign of things to come I'm sure!

I've also managed to do some gardening, for myself and my friend. I planted a butterfly bush in my friend's garden, then weeded a big iris patch and edged the lawn. Nothing makes a garden look better than edging the lawn, it's like sharpening the focus on a photograph.

In my garden I put the tomatoes into the greenhouse border. They are good sized plants already thanks to a January sowing. And even if they are a wee bit stringy that's easily solved but planting them deep, as they root readily from the stem.
Also potted up fuschias to go outside once all risk of night frost has gone, and I sowed a bucket of salad potatoes, I love waxy wee tatties in a summer salad.

Also watering my piano teacher's greenhouse, she has tomatoes,peppers and basil. Which reminds I must sow some basil in pots, although sometimes I cheat and just pot on the supermaket's pot grown basil, although they don't do the purple frilly variety, and some rocket out in the veg patch - where the resident blackbird keeps digging up my onion sets - grr!

Shot is one of Friday's interiors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home