Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday, Monday

Funny how I no longer dread Mondays, I used to when I was a 9 to 5, or rather an 8 'til late, Monday to Friday person.

I've been good and just done a long piano practise session, even though my teacher's away for two weeks. I took her to the train station very early on Saturday morning, she's off to Venice. Lucky thing!

Today my friend is buying me a belated birthday lunch, she missed my party as she was in so much pain, but she's got the cancer "mets" pain under control and is feeling a lot better as she able to get a little sleep. She just started an 18 week course of oral chemotherapy, which she's tolerating well so far. Saturday we got our hair cut, she's shortened her's as the chemo will make it thin, though hopefully not fall out. She also got new glasses, Armani ones, and they are really fabulous. So she's looking good and that's helping her to deal with yet more breast cancer shite. I'm glad I can tell her what to expect on the chemo front, for once my cancer experience is ahead of hers.

And our new neighbours are coming round for a drink tonight, they seem a nice young couple, with a four year old son, bit like us 12 years ago!

And finally the sun is shining, although it's still very cold.

Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home