Sunday, August 09, 2009

Guinea Pigs to Munch........Arrrgh


I hurt my back yesterday watering the greenhouse. I stupidly stretched with a heavy watering can in one hand and something popped. So I'm eating painkillers and anti inflammatories like Smarties and feeling rather grouchy.

As luck would have it I also have to look after a friend's guinea pig from today, for a week. So I had fun this morning trying to clean out a hutch, while not bending and then trying to catch the wee bugger to put it out in its run! There will be a repeat performance tonight, when I have to catch it again to put it to bed in its nice clean hutch. We're on a rota and the last person looking after it said that it wasn't eating all that well, so I hope it doesn't croak on my watch, as it is an elderly critter.

Tomorrow I'm escaping to Glasgow for the day to see the Munch exhibition at the Hunterian.
I have liked his work for a long time, so I am really looking forward to seeing some 40 examples of his prints "in the flesh". I'm going with two poetry pals, so it should be a good day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rouchswalwe said...

Anna! I shouldn't have been giggling through your description of the critter, but it brought me right back to a similar experience I had last year. Summer weather usually lessens the appetite. My old cat is just picking at his food, too.
Hope you're feeling much better by tomorrow when you go to the exhibition.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Pam said...

Take your notebook...lots of opportunities to scribble as you look. And good luck with the critter. More importantly watch that back and feel better.

11:05 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Take it easy til your back is better.
Excuse any mistakes my vision is funny momentarily. m
Must knock off for a ;bit

12:27 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hope it was all a happy, cultural explosion and you had a great time.

12:49 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Oh dear, I read the title as 'guinea pigs to munch' implying you might be making dinner of the pesky little critter!

My childhood recollections of them are that they quite frequnetly died while their owners were on holiday... sorry to be so gloomy.

Hope you're feeling better and enjoyed the expo.

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home