Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Colder

The first day of autumn has arrived and I'm making homemade soup to celebrate, with black Tuscan kale, bread and garlic. To be followed by apple crumble made with from the first apples from the garden. And I ate my first plum straight from the tree today. And the blackbird has speared his claim on at least six lusciously ripe figs.

This is my season, my time of year.

I wrote this wee thing after reading the Crow Country book that I mentioned a few posts back.

His book proposes
the idea that all enquiry
is a form of love.

So, one lump or two?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

What a lovely post and poem, just spot-on...

5:50 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

What a wee gem of a post! Enjoy yout autumn - it's my fav season too - I guess it is for a lot of poets ... and photographers!

7:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha! Lovely sounding food too. I like how we can dispense with the salads and eat proper warming food now.

8:55 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I like that!
Do you get damsons there? My friend has just given me loads - you can even eat them raw and I've made a gorgeous puree.
Barbaras it's all very well dispensing with the salads but today I put on a clinging jersey dress - for a change and have had to add a denim jacket to hide some of the bulges.

11:51 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

We do get damsons. but sadly I've not got any.

I agree abouut the salads, they are fine if the weather matches them, but they don't do the business under grey skies

12:40 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home