Sunday, May 06, 2007

Reasons to cheerful part III

All this political fallout - blech. Apparently it has something to with hanging chavs - people in Burberry baseball caps are being lifted off the street as I write! ;)

And the Labour Party may take legal action on one closely disputed seat. Oh yes that's really going to help - open up that can of worms why don't you! And Tony think's he's left Gordon a good springboard to win the next election - please - I somehow doubt that he'll be invited to comment on the diving during the London Olympics.

Nor can I get excited about all these allegedly disenfranchised souls. If you misread a bus timetable and you then miss the bus you don't expect the company to turn the vehicle around to come back for you! Ninety odd percent of those who voted managed to do things right, so can we please move on - preferrably using a pencil and a sheet of paper with five bar gates.

And the reasons to be cheerful are:

Feist's new album The Reminder
skylarks
rain in the night, however little
Sophie Grigson's Moroccan salad recipes
beech woods in new leaf
girlfriends
my new skirt, which goes with everything
A young Chinese girl I mentored last year has been granted a Canadian visa

6 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Apprentice, my level of intelligence is always raised ( a little like the financial index) after reading your blog entries. Now I know all about 'chavs'!
(I like skylarks too.)

9:13 pm  
Blogger savannah said...

thank you for being here! *hugs*

2:17 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

P.S. Thanks to your helpful tip - I took a bird photo today (see my Monday May 7th post.) I'm thrilled with it! Thanks so much :)

4:04 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sorry - that is, Sunday May 6th post.

4:05 am  
Blogger Jan said...

I love the bus timetable !!
AND what lovely reasons to be cheerful!

9:09 am  
Blogger apprentice said...

CB I'm not getting at the chavs, just playing with the chads/Florida thing. I'll come and look at the picture.

Savannah thank you!

Jan I'm turning into a grumpy old woman. Why can't people accept that everything in life isn't a) somebody else's fault and b) completely fixable?

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home