Friday, May 04, 2007

Peeling Onions

I've mentioned the poet/writer Judi Benson before in this piece.

Recently Judi was involved in a newspaper article on a book by Susan Graham, an amazing woman who wrote about dealing with the loss of her two teenage daughters to a genetic disease, and then being struck down with cancer herself. A book based on her personal account of her life has just been published and an item on it was published here

Judi was interviewed for the piece and was kind enough to give my book a mention. I just wanted to say that I'm truly humbled to be mentioned along side other people who have dealt with so much more than me. Read the article if you have time, it's a good reminder to us all to stop complaining about the little things in life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Phew, I never seize to be amazed at people's ability to get on with life in the face of such adversity. Yes, it certainly puts my petty trifles into perspective.

4:52 pm  
Blogger Pat said...

Where did they get the strength? Thank God for places like Rachel House.
I can never get away with feeling sorry for myself. I just remember some of the children I nursed who are as real to me now as fifty years ago.

7:48 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

I don't know where they got the strength from, but love seems to have conquered all. It's a very affecting piece.

10:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home