Friday, June 06, 2008

Heart Notes reading


Colin Will and I did a reading from the pamphlet last night in Edinburgh. Our choice of poems seemed to go down well and we sold quite a few copies - one chap buying four!

We had music from my friend Nick Flavin, who heads up Edinburgh's University Settlement, and a fiddle playing friend of his. Linknet lent me their training rooms and my aunt prepared some lovely food. It was great to see people from different parts of my life, including some from my class at the Scottish Poetry School.


The next reading is in Haddington, on 25 June, with East Lothian Library Services' support.


Sorry I'm not blogging much. I just seem to have so many bits and pieces to finish on a variety of fronts. We're having a party for my FIL's 80th in a few weeks and I'm organising stuff for that. My MIL has had a fall and while nothing is broken she needs some looking after. My son leaves for a month in the USA and I'm nagging about washing, cash etc. A neighbour asked me to do photographs of her kids for Father's Day. I've taken the shots, which was great fun and included braving a trampoline, but need to edit them. And the bed in the big garden is being rotavated on Monday and I need to rescue some stuff from it before that happens.


Still feeling tired though, a sort of bone-deep tiredness. Off for a walk now, that will hopefully wake me up!



3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Good to hear the launch went well. Sorry I couldn't make it. I have to pick up my daughter from Rainbows at 7.30pm every Thursday evening.

2:58 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You're certainly very busy - hope you get some good 'me' time too.
Your next reading I see is on my birthday! Glad the one you've just done went well. Take it easy now!

11:13 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Take good care of yourself, Anna dear. Glad to hear the reading went well.

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home