Sunday, March 04, 2007

Moon Shadow, Moon Shadow........



Last night, for once, this part of Scotland had clear skies to see something amazing in the heavens.

What caught my eye was how brightly all the stars were shining without the competition of our moon.

It felt a very ancient and primeval thing to be out in the dark looking up at Mother Earth snuffing out the light of her own cold little child.

I put the camera on the bulb setting and took some shots with a 300mm lens, but it was hard trying to make sure there was no movement with my family thundering around, so the pix are far from perfect, but here are three of a sequence. There's a slight red hue in the full eclipse, but it was a muddy sort of red.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one A. I should have looked here first yesterday. These are the dirst decent pics I've seen!

7:07 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

Thanks B. Colin Will has a lovely shoton his blog too. We had clear skies, so it was great.

I think the cold drove me in before it got truly red.

11:32 pm  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Very cool.

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home